Freitag, 11. Februar 2011

Z Spoke by Zac Posen F/W 11

picturecredit: style.com
Finally! The waiting for the F/W 11-shows to show up at style.com has finally come to an end. And I couldn't be more excited than a little child before Christmas, when I saw the headline "see the latest F/W 11 shows" from New York Fashionweek this morning. So who was one of the designers who caught me with their pre-fall-collections the most? Of course it was Zac Posen with his amazing fur-jacket Hilary Rhoda was put in. As he was one of the first to present his full collection for the upcoming fall/winter, it is a kind of duty to me to choose him to be the first in my blog for the f/w-posts (oh what an honour for him haha ;)). 
As already described in the pre-fall-post, this collection barely deals with bright colours (which is perfectly fine) and sets its accents within the darkness. Just now and then there are some creamy/dirty white pieces showing up, which then are set in contrast with the models themselves and the make up, mostly defined from black lipstick and smokey eyes. I'm not that convinced of that look but as long as it looks literally cool on the models, I can deal with it (Lucky you, Zac ;)). 
One of my favourites in this collection is definitely the cape worn by XYZ combined to leather gloves and the camel coloured varnish-bag. There's nothing more to me than a cape to represent the fall-time. Not a full, warm wintercoat, not an "in-between" one .. just the perfect foreshadow of the colder times to come. (and as I'm a typical fall-child, I must be in love with colder times although I'm a little sick of the weather right now). 
Beside the lovely cape, we also have Coco Rocha playing the lady with a knee-long, pleated dress combined to a simple cardigan and the this year's, all seasonal belt being thin and perfect to wear as a detail. To set a contrast, smokey eyes and the black lipstick were used again and give the whole appearance a chic but in-time and somehow little rock-a-like touch. 
The black dress Coco wears seems problematic as we don't all have the body of the supermodel but I think that's always an issue. 
Overall I like this collection although I'm more convinced of Posen's pre-fall.

14 Kommentare:

  1. COCO ROCHA IS REALLY FIERCE IN THESE PHOTOSSSS !
    the clothes are lovely as well !

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. amazing collection! i love everything about it , xxx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. i love this! the black lipstick is so awesome.
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. superbe... ich liebe diesen schwarzen lippenstift!! *_*

    (ja lol..immer wenn ich den Welli rufe, muss ich an sushi denken xD )

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Gosh I love these pictures, the black hair and makeup contrasts the pale skin so wonderfully! Thank you so much for your comment! I'm now following you!

    Keep in touch // Swedish Fashionista

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Like the collection and LOVE Coco in these pics <3
    Great blog you have here! :)

    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love your blog! Great style :) What do you think about following each other?

    xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. LOVE coco! she is amazing :)
    zac posen is one of my favorite designers...great post!

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. all i can think of to describe is gothically awesome. :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. wow, erinnert mich stark an die givenchy kampagne mit adriana lima von 2009. trotzdem ist black immernoch beautiful.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. Amazing! Absolutly in love with the dark theme...
    I'm following you!
    xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. Such great looks! I love the black lips!

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...