Mittwoch, 26. Januar 2011

McQueen's Pre-Fall 11

picturecredit: style.com
As a faithful reader, you must have noticed my passionate love for McQueen. So no wonder, that I once again fell in love with the current release of the pre-fall collection. It’s already the second time I have to praise Sarah Burton’s ability to overtake such a gigantic label founded by a fallen king and still remaining the McQueenish factor, which obviously defines this label.
Clicking through the lookbook was like walking through the closet of the new interpreted Russian army-wife. With little shopping-results she got when she was in Rome, she reminds herself of the gladiator-times by putting on a hot leather-dress with a pleated skirt and the decisive buckle-details. And if she’s not in the mood for such a dress, why not taking the silkdress with the leatherdetails at its end and keeping her love for fur by putting on a black fur-gown-like jacket!? And please look at her black coat with puffy fur details at the ends (sleeve and neck) with the gold buttons and typical Mary Janes, which remain on McQueen-status by their heels.
Broad waist-belts, doubled row-coats and dresses reaching the calves as well as a straight hair-do make her look sophisticated but classy.
Red, black, a strong but dark blue and dabbers of warm, clear pink and orange define the upcoming fall and what I mostly love above all? The golden details always (!) showing up in each piece of clothing. It makes the whole appearance elegant but at the same time avoiding the granny-like look.
And when it comes to real evening dresses, I couldn’t decide which one I would steal first if I would break into the McQueen-store as a contract-thief. Would I take the blue flowered just majestic dress with transparent elements, which makes me dream of being an elf-like queen or would I take the same coloured darkdarkblued straight dress with its neckholder and just breathtaking details consisting of a gold-shiny sewed waist-belt and adorned neck. And please recognize the feathers (!) connected to the waist-belt. Doesn’t that just look awesome?!
I could write ages about Mrs.Neo-Army-Russian wife but maybe I should just let the picture speak for themselves. Thanks Sarah, you made me love McQueen one more time again. 

6 Kommentare:

  1. I couldn´t agree more. Just fantastic!
    Thanks for posting these pictures:)
    R.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Words are not enough to talk about Alexander McQueen!
    xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. omg! i love that coat with fur on second picture, this is so beautiful x
    www.thefashionmom.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Thanks for following doll! Following you back!

    xx THE CHEAP

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I really like the shoes. Definitely crossing my fingers for big belts this summer!

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. WUNDER wunderschön !
    elegant und innovativ zugleich - herrlich

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...