Montag, 6. Dezember 2010

"London is a modern Babylon"

If there is one place for me to be, then it's definitely London. Therefore my parents proved once again that they are simply the best by presenting me a weekend in my favourite city in Europe together with my boyfriend.
Staying at the St Martins Lane at Leicester Square, it was a kind of duty for us heading to Asia de Cuba (my ABSOLUTE favourite restaurant) straight after a stressy flight. Enjoying the Cuban BBQ Chicken as well as the Thai Beef Salad and the world's best Calamari Salad à Asia de Cuba, it was just the perfect beginning of a more than relaxing and nice weekend.
The pictures above show the Asia de Cuba and me. The room in pink light (which is changeable to "which mood you are in") is ours at the St Martins Lane. Please Click on each image to watch it in its original size. 

The Notting Hill's Portobello Market was our first target place Saturday morning, thus I couldn't wake up early enough since this market is known for the crowds of tourists (so us and 1029032824 other people ;)) besides all the other nice factors making this place so special.
Afterwards, Harrods' Oysterbar had the honour to serve us some (for me just GROSS) oysters. To get a balance into our little adventure through the food halls of the old-fashioned Harrods, I needed a break and so the Yo!Sushi at the Fifth Floor of Harvey Nichols was our next target.
The pictures should give you impressions of Notting Hill. 
Since we just had a whole day, we certainly went to the Piccadilly as well as the Oxford Circus (Topshop was desperately waiting for me and as I discovered my christmas and new year's-dresses as well). Stopping by at one of London's nicest Shishabars, called Mömos, we finally also went through the New Bond Street with all its wonderful christmas-lights. 
The pictures below show some delicious parts of the foodhall at Harrods as well as the Yo!Sushi at Harvey Nichols on the Fifth Floor. Moreover the Piccadilly Circus and the Shishabar (with its nice  raspberrycake) is shown.
Hanging around at our room, my overall conclusion of Saturday is characterised by excitement, happiness and loooads of pictures. 
After our little rest, Cocoon at a sidestreet of Regent's served us some nice drinks as a perfect completion of our day. Down here, the wonderful New Bond Street is presented. Especially the Cartier-house with the huge, red bow was impressive. Additionally you can see the Dolce & Gabbana and Alexander McQueen window at New Bond Street,  Oxfordstreet and a little passage near to New Bond Street and the Abercrombie & Fitch store. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...