Sonntag, 1. April 2012

Salzburg Easter Festival: Carmen Premiere

Being in Salzburg always gives me a homely feeling. Not least because a part of my family is living here. This time is absolutely different to all the other moments I spent over here: I'm able to attend the Salzburg Easter Festival, an annual festival of opera and classical music. Founded in 1967 by Herbert von Karajan, the festival is an expansion of the summer event and attracts people from all over the world. 
As this was my very first time to see and opera, I was quite excited not knowing what I shall expect and what will happen. But the moment, I entered the building, the Großes Festspielhaus, I was already in the ban of another sphere I just rarely enter. A wild mixture of people mingling together all waiting for the opera to begin were standing around. From breathtakingly beautiful to more questionable ball gowns (why do some people think that wearing a very short dress would be appropriate for an opera premiere!? style is something you just can't buy) - I saw them all. My awareness and knowledge of bad plastic surgery extended to a completely new level and so did my cultural education. 
Carmen, composed by Georges Bizet, was perfectly put in scene. Although I don't have any similar comparison to what I was able to see and hear yesterday, I just can't say anything else than share my pure fascination of it. When the first of four acts began, I felt goose humps and the way women were slowly but surely emancipating and emerging out of the slow shift to realism was amazingly brought to life. Strong, bold and with pure self-confidence Carmen was having her debut at the Easter Festivals. As I was reading some background of Bizet's opera, I was slightly surprised of how Carmen's character was presenting a fake redheaded women with a certain power, a strong voice but meanwhile no real sexiness. Maybe I was just thinking about something utopian but I associated a stereotypical Spanish full woman with wild, dark hair and nothing to hide. More passion, more temper - someone like Anna Netrebko would have perfectly fit to this role. I wonder why they didn't choose her. With a little more tackiness, Netrebko would have been the first person could think of when searching for a substitute of Madgdalena Kozena. However, Kozena, who's also the wife of Art Director Sir Simon Rattle (who did an amazing job!) played quite fair and had an unmistakably beautiful voice. So, nothing seriously to complain about. 
After three hours of sitting in the second row, we were moving from Carmen to some late night dinner at Hotel Sacher, located on the other side of the Salzach river. 
Being famous for its Austrian cuisine, I enjoyed some of my favourite dishes and had some interesting, enriching talks. Some of the rare moments, when I stop thinking about everything else happening around me and simply reflect. 

For this occasion, I chose something elegant. This dress is an alltime-stunner, which is never wrong and will surely accompany me for a long time. Once possessed by my mum, it was passed on to me and as I don't have any siblings, I still need to get that feeling of second-hand within the family ;). The earrings build some contrast and together with one of my favourite bracelets, make a statement to the rather low keyed and clearly cut dress. The shoes are plain, classic and high enough to make a small girl see a little more than usual. They just see the streets and floors for special events as I don't have the patience to watch after them for some party nights.

Dress: Gucci
Earrings: Mytho
Bracelet: Lua 
Shoes: Christian Louboutin

End of Carmen
Hotel Sacher

28 Kommentare:

  1. What a beautiful post!The dress suits you perfectly and the bright red lipstick and your red hair are a wonderful combination.
    xo
    K.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. So gorgeous and elegant and the crimson lipstick just elevates it to another level of classiness. Ahhh, so amazing!



    <3 Mandy xx
    http://frocksandotherfrivolities.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. danke für deinen lieben kommentar und fürs verfolgen. hab mich gerade etwas in deinem blog durchgeklickt und kann nur sagen: Ich liebe deinen style! ♥
    bis von nun an auch verfolgt. :)

    http://juelide.blogspot.de

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. You look very elegant in this outfit. That dress is perfect on you.
    The hotel is perfect. Lovely photos.
    x

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Beautiful dress ! I can see it's also a beautiful location!xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. How come youre sooooo skinny!!! *envy* hahaha Lookin pretty anyway :)

    glowingthedark.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. I love that 4th photo!!! OMg that is so beautiful. And I really like your red lips!:)

    queen-ariel.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. The photos are breathtaking dear! Love your dress and the perfect red lips!
    I was already following you on GFC as "Travelling... with a hint of fashion!" ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  9. you look absolutely beautiful here!<33

    AntwortenLöschen
  10. Estas fantástica, el vestido es un sueño, tiene un escote precioso en la espalda, y los accesorios increíbles. Un beso guapísima.

    AntwortenLöschen
  11. great ; ))

    http://www.live-style20.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  12. You look GORGEOUS!!! I love your dress :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  13. Beautiful dress!!! you look is fantastic!!!
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    AntwortenLöschen
  14. well look at you! fabulous gorgeous babe!!!!

    http://www.yuliconversations.blogspot.com/

    AntwortenLöschen
  15. You look stunning in this dress! :)
    Vey nice sillouete!

    Kisses xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  16. That is the perfect black dress, you look stunning.

    www.pinsneedlesfashion.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  17. Wunderschöne Bilder! Die Oper hört sich ja traumhaft an und Salzburg ist sowieso toll :)
    Das Kleid finde ich übrigens einfach perfekt - total edel und trotzdem schlicht!

    Ganz liebe Grüße aus Barcelona
    Fashion in Pepperland

    AntwortenLöschen
  18. Great dress. Beautiful photos. Carmen is one of my favorite operas.

    AntwortenLöschen
  19. Salzburg Oper muss ein Traum sein. Du siehts wie ein Stern aus, einfach Perfekt mit diese Kleid!

    xoxo aus München
    La Vie Quotidienne
    www.laviequo.com

    AntwortenLöschen
  20. OMG, it is fantastic, really amazing

    AntwortenLöschen
  21. This is a very elegant black dress :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  22. indeed the dress is for ever! You look beautiful like always, but is that you mom on the picture? Any way, she looks very classy and chic too!! x

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...