Freitag, 16. September 2011

Hervé Léger SS2012

picturecredit: style.com
As New York Fashionweek kicked off the past days and as I was in a private hurry which didn't let me browse through the world wide web for longer than 10 minutes a day (what a record of myself), I'm a little delayed with all that commenting on different shows. Therefore I thought about giving my favourites the only go and so here we are with my ever keeping love to Hervé Léger by Max Azria.  It's no secret that I'm completely in love his bodycon dresses, which are so well known that I doubt you wouldn't identify one once it passes your way wherever you are. 
Azria's simple but sexy mixture of creating those bandage dresses without letting them appear cheap by any means always kept me looking out for a more inexpensive version (which I'm still looking out for today - I guess there's just a little chance to copy those masterpieces in an acceptable way).  However, it will be hard to find a Hervé Léger-like piece of next year's spring/summer collection since they appear to be unexpected as expected.  
Surely, the bandage body consciousness was kept as we expected. But the details and elements changed. From simplicity we come to glamourous twists made out of shiny details and golden/silver colours. It seems as if Azria went into the more luxurious way while keeping it powerful and sexy. As another unexpected detail, some quilling-like ends for some of his dresses were added, which (to me) let them appear even more feminine. The symbiosis of slight S&M like details underlined with simple black and a leather-like appearance together with those playful quillings bring a new, vibrant and interesting attitude into the whole collection. Bear in mind that all those dresses are made of one specific material and still they all look different while presenting its own attitude. Consequently the darker colours to the point of black demonstrate the fierce, rock-alike chic while warmer shades like golden glitter represent a glamorous way to style yourself up. Cold silver and white combined together with golden embellishments stand for an innocent but reserved snow princess and tribal ikat-prints are more the edgy and casual version of a woman who knows how to dress herself but doesn't want to go into more styling.
One of the best parts of the collection? The way the girls were styled beside from putting on those master pieces. The minimal make up and a strict, pure hair-do...I just LOVE it. There is no better play between feminine sexy and pure strictness! 
The only questionable thing? The shoes. Those gladiator like things give the impression that all the models had a bad car accident that led to some serious leg injuries.  But beside this (and I guess we are all able to ignore those mistakes on their feet) there is nothing left to tell than Meenal Mistry's comment on style.com:

No one ever said that being tough precluded luxury.

So true. 

6 Kommentare:

  1. I just love this designer, the bandage dress is one on my wish list , just beautiful sexy x

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. i don't really like the sandals, however the dresses are fantastic!

    jos xx

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. yapp..agree with u! absolutely gorgeous design :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I always loved Leger, marvelous dresses, very strong signature! There are couple of dresses I really love in this collection, anyway the metallic colors work very well!:)
    kisses
    Jelena (glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. beautifull woman
    beautifull outfits:)
    loveit

    new outfitpost + extensions out!
    www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

    AntwortenLöschen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...